Monday, January 30, 2012

My birthday

My 24th birthday was on Thursday. I really had an amazing birthDAY... Actually I should say DAYS!!! On Thursday Chase, Aiden and I went to lunch at Slater's 50/50. It's a burger place that we had heard many good things about so we decided to try it out. They have so many unique burgers so we decided to order two different ones and split them. A huge perk of being married!!! We tried the original burger which has an egg on it and we tried the "flamin hot" burger which has jalapenos, green chilis, and ghost chilis in it!!!! The burgers were great! ( I'd say the flamin hot was the winner). But, the best part of lunch were the dill pickle chips!
Chase had to go to school that night, so my friends Shawna took me to dinner. It was just the two of us, no kids!!! I don't know how we got away with that but it was so fun and a much needed little break for us two. It was nice to just talk and eat without having to take care of our kids. There were several times throughout the night that we felt like we were missing/forgetting something lol! I'm so grateful for Shawna! She is an awesome friend :)
My birthday continued on Friday, first with lunch at Alicia's with Chase's Nana and sisters. I am so happy we all got to go to lunch together. Then, we went to dinner with my family at cheesecake factory! I love love love cheesecake so I had to get some on my birthday.
I'm so blessed to have so many people to celebrate with on my birthday! After it was all over I stopped and just thought about how grateful I am to have each and every person in my life. I have a loving husband, incredible son, a caring mom, amazing extended family, great friends and I'm even lucky enough to have an awesome in-law family! Yes, the food and birthday gifts were great, but the best part of my birthday was being surrounded by love!

No comments:

Post a Comment